About a week back, on a bit of a whim (and because it was really quite cheap), I bought the first season of Miami Vice.
It’s Classic. It just exudes cool, even with almost 20 years under it’s belt.
- The main character lives on a boat
- Said boat is guarded by a pet alligator (called Elvis) with a personality
- They seem to travel everywhere by convertible or pencil boat (long thin speed boat classically used to run drugs)
- The chicks are hot (if you ignore the higher than modern day density of Lycra)
- The dialog is witty
- The characters have issues, and histories, and inner demons, and other plot devices that give them actual depth
- Everywhere they go they have a kick ass smokin soundtrack
I love it. I saw the movie recently, and the TV series just walks all over it. Two big thumbs up so far.